APPLIED MATERIALS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- INTRODUCTION – CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY at Applied Materials India Private Limited (“Applied Materials India”)
As a responsible corporate citizen, Applied Materials India maintains a commitment to being socially responsible and creating a positive impact in the communities where we operate. This is reflected in our business practices and diverse programs, including creating a thriving culture for our employees and engaging in community projects.
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) MISSION
Applied Materials India is committed to making a positive social contribution in areas where we have operations. We demonstrate this value by:
- Being committed and responsive to the local community
- Actively engaging employees in CSR initiatives
- Focusing on CSR initiatives of special importance to the local community
- AREAS OF FOCUS
Applied Materials India participates in community activities endorsed by the India CSR Committee, with the support of Applied Materials, Inc.’s Global Community Affairs organization. Our activities are aligned with the corporate initiatives of Applied Materials, Inc., while remaining responsive to the needs of the local Indian community. The following are areas of focus:
The Power of Ideas: Education
Because our business is built on the power of ideas, we are committed to developing the next generation of innovators and engaged global citizens. Priorities include support of:
- Expanded opportunities for young people to access high-quality education
- Education programs that equip youth for success in the 21st century global economy
Community Leadership: Civic Development
Because we take our responsibility to strengthen local communities seriously, we support programs that:
- Ensure basic needs of shelter, food, and clean water are provided with dignity
- Build capacity and infrastructure to strengthen the NGO/non-profit sector
- Facilitate employees’ engagement with their community
Environmental Stewardship: Caring for the Planet
As a company committed to environmental and energy solutions, we also invest in environmental projects to increase community engagement and promote sustainable living. We support:
- Efforts that showcase the impact of renewable energy
- Education programs that promote environmental stewardship
- Environmental projects that engage our employees
4. SELECTION OF PROJECTS
Applied Materials India’s charitable funding is in compliance with legal, ethical and business standards. All donations are made in accordance with corporate guidelines and are appropriately documented.
Various projects aligned with the focus areas of education, civic development and environmental stewardship are identified, then evaluated and assessed by the CSR Committee based on pre-defined criteria. The process of evaluation and selection is documented to ensure complete transparency. Evaluation is made to determine if the project fits within Applied Materials India’s focus areas for community intervention and the India Corporate Social Responsibility Rules, 2013.
- PLANNING AND EXECUTION
The planning of CSR activities for the year is prepared by the CSR Committee. This consists of, but is not limited to, the following:
- Schedule of proposed disbursal of funds over the period of financial year
- Determining how grant disbursement is aligned with focus area; meets a community need, addresses identified problem or cause
- The responsibilities and authorities for execution of activities
- Reporting on the status of regular monitoring of funded projects
The CSR Plan is executed by the Applied Materials India Communications and Public Affairs function and supported by the CSR Committee. Employees are also encouraged to be involved in the execution of the activities, as appropriate.
The beneficiary of grant funding is asked to submit a Status Report on a quarterly basis. Any significant change in funding of projects or activities is brought to the attention of the CSR Committee as part of this status report. The CSR Committee must give prior approval if an approved beneficiary plans to use funds in a way that is not consistent with the grant agreement.
- MONITORING OF THE EXECUTION OF THE PLAN
The CSR Committee, which meets every quarter or as needed, and at least annually, regularly monitors the status of execution against the CSR Plan through:
- Review of status reports submitted by beneficiaries
- Field Visits by appropriate persons who report their findings to the CSR Committees
- Review of funds awarded
Based on status and Field Visit reports, the CSR Committee determines corrective actions, if any are needed, along with target dates and tracks the corrective actions to closure.
Additionally, each beneficiary of a grant is required to submit an Annual Impact Report to Applied Materials India.
- APPLIED MATERIALS INDIA CSR PARTNERS
As a socially responsible company, Applied Materials India works with non-profit organizations, community groups, local government bodies and authorities, schools and other educational institutions to make the Applied Materials India’s commitment to CSR a reality.
Applied Materials India’s employees also engage in several community programs which enhance the company’s CSR initiatives. Globally, Applied Materials India networks and collaborates with the Applied Materials, Inc.’s Global Affairs organization to share ideas and experiences and to ensure we are aware of current corporate responsibility practices.
- CSR COMMITTEE
President & Managing Director - Applied Materials India
Director - Applied Materials India Board
Director, PMO (Vendor Management Office & Engineering Collaboration and Director - Applied Materials India Board
Chief Financial Officer, Applied Materials India
Director - Applied Materials India Board
Director, Government Affairs- India
Manager, Site Operations – India
Director, Applied Global Services, India
Manager, Communications & Public Affairs – India
The Applied Materials India Corporate Social Responsibility policy conforms to the Guidelines mandated by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Activities selected are as per Corporate Social Responsibility Rules, 2013.
Year for CSR runs from 1st of April of the year to 31st of March of the next year and first of such year starts from 1st April 2014 as per the Corporate Social Security Rules, 2013. From the year beginning April 1, 2015, any such allocated funding which was unutilized from the earlier year has to be shown separately in the books of Accounts of AMIND and shall be carried over for utilization during the subsequent year.