The Applied Baccini Pegaso system is Applied Materials' most advanced platform for crystalline silicon PV cell production. As cell manufacturers strive to drive down cost per watt, there is a need in the market today for a platform that can deliver both scale and technology simultaneously. The Pegaso system is the industry’s first truly modular platform and marks a new benchmark in yield and print precision at more than twice the throughput as conventional systems in the same footprint.
Powering the Pegaso platform is an all-new screen printing technology. The Pegaso-XP printer marks a revolution in screen printing, delivering unprecedented levels of print accuracy and precision by virtue of an integrated high resolution optical inspection system for exact pattern detection and alignment. High levels of print accuracy and precision are critical capabilities to implement advanced cell designs, increase cell efficiency and lower cost.
Applied Baccini Pegaso Launch Briefing (PDF)
Applied Baccini Cell Systems Brochure (2MB)
Whitepaper: Cost or Value? Beyond Cost of Ownership (336kB)
Features and Benefits
- Independent dual lanes and print heads for 50% production capacity during maintenance
- >2x the throughput in the same footprint
- <0.15% wafer breakage – lowest in the industry
- Net throughput >2700 wph
- <8μm print accuracy and ±10μm print precision
- High system uptime enabled by features such as automatic wafer inspection / rejection, dual sided maintenance access, offline module repair and quick screen change
- Advanced process control tracks data on every wafer
- Single wire connectivity to front end server enables complete line control from any module along the line and remote operation