Fast and easy statistical analysis tool
- Warm-up Determination
- Confidence Intervals
- Factor/Response Analysis
The AutoStat module provides enhanced statistical analysis during the experimentation phase of simulation projects. AutoStat automates the process of performing analysis on an AutoMod model. Performance measures and experiments are defined by the user, and AutoStat performs the analysis automatically, making runs of the simulation and managing the results from each scenario.
- Optimization based on Evolution Strategies algorithm
- Warmup determination using Welch's method
- Design of Experiments to save analysis time
- Confidence intervals based on different random numbers
- User defined output auditing for better model validation
- Parallel processing of runs on multiple CPUs
- Run finish time estimate for better time management
Runtime License with AutoStat
AutoStat can be purchased with a Runtime License; this software combination gives users the ability to execute their simulation models and conduct thorough statistical analysis of their projects.
The AutoStat user interface used in combination with a Runtime License allows changes in conveyor speeds, number of vehicles, load creation distributions, and many of AutoMod's standard input parameters.
Getting Started with AutoMod
Simulation is taught in university engineering department curriculums worldwide with Getting Started with AutoMod text
Applied Materials announces the release of a student version of AutoMod(tm), its flagship simulation software tool and accompanying text Getting Started with AutoMod, Second Edition. The student version is based on AutoMod Version 11. It doubles the number of entities that are available to students that are building models for academic use.
AutoMod combines CAD-like drawing capabilities with a powerful, flexible simulation language to create realistic simulation models of manufacturing facilities, material handling systems and warehouse and distribution centers. The AutoMod student version software has all of the design capabilities and controls of the full version though it limits the number of simulation entities that can be defined (i.e., queues, resources, vehicles, conveyor sections, etc.).
Included with the student version of the software is "Getting Started with AutoMod." Written by Dr. Jerry Banks, the text discusses simulation principles, modeling and statistical analysis as well as providing an introduction to the AutoMod simulation software. Banks, a former professor of discrete-event system simulation at the Georgia Institute of Technology, has authored several books discussing simulation and scheduling rules for manufacturing.
The student version of AutoMod, coupled with Banks' text, is currently being incorporated in the curriculum of engineering departments from universities worldwide including: Purdue University, Penn State, Texas Tech, Utah State, Taylor University, the Georgia Institute of Technology, Lund University (Sweden), Hautes Études Commerciales, Dalhousie, Concordia, Université de Québec à Trois Rivières of Canada, and many others. "Students will learn to design automated facilities and production lines using one of the most powerful simulation tools available to professionals today," said Matt Rohrer, director of simulation products and services. "Our software puts students squarely in the driver's seat of automation-design technology and opens up a world of possibilities in hands-on simulation experience and future job opportunities."
AutoMod's true-to-scale 3-D modeling and animation and simple graphical interface, provides users with the ability to simulate projects of any size or level of detail. With AutoMod, everything from simple manual operations to fully automated facilities can be created virtually to better communicate ideas and rule-out design flaws. Easy-to-read reports and graphs generated from real-time analysis can accurately predict the productivity and cost-effectiveness of existing or future systems.
There are 2 ways to get Getting Started With AutoMod:
- Purchase the book in hardcopy ($50 + shipping)
- Download the book in pdf format (no charge)
To purchase the hardcopy version of Getting Started With AutoMod:
Contact Joanna Terry: 801-736-3247 (email@example.com)
Please provide the following:
- Full address
- Credit Card
- Name on Credit Card
- Exp date
- Method of shipment
- UPS Overnight
- UPS 2nd Day
- UPS Ground
To download Getting Started With AutoMod (57MB) click here
Resources for Students
- Getting Started With AutoMod
- AutoMod example files download
Student Version of AutoMod software with AutoStat module
The AutoMod Student Version software has all of the design capabilities and controls of the full version though it limits the number of simulation entities that can be defined (i.e., queues, resources, vehicles, conveyor sections, etc.).
The Student Version includes AutoMod Basic. It is available on the PC 9x/NT/2000/XP platforms only and requires 8 MB RAM to run. The Student Version does not require a hardware security key.
The Student Version (SV) is a full function version of AutoMod Basic except for the following:
- SV models can include up to 200 named entities. Examples of entities are conveyor sections, queues, resources, processes, control points, order lists, etc. Loads are NOT counted as entities - however, Load Types and Load Attributes are considered entities.
- SV does not include our full four-volume set of documentation. The Student Version documentation consists of tutorials on the conveyor and AGV systems as well as the textbook, Getting Started with AutoMod.
NOTES 1) Users should be aware that there is an option when running AutoMod for the first time authorizing either the "full" or the "student" version. Only the full version is authorized with codes from Customer Support. When the Student Version option is selected the first time it is used, AutoMod will only run in the Student Version mode.
2) When using the Student Version of AutoMod as part of a course, you will not have access to hot-line technical support. Therefore, an instructor with a university license should be accessible to students, and the instructor has hotline access with the university license. Please use your instructor as the first point of contact when technical support is required.
AutoMod Student Version Software:
Version 11.1: download
Version 12.2..1: download
Version 12.3: download
Installation Instructions download