The Varian VIISta PLAD™ plasma-based, ultra-high dose implant technology delivers a production-proven method to rapidly implant high dopant concentrations over the entire wafer surface using a low-energy process that will not disturb sensitive circuit features.
The system delivers industry-leading dose retention and uniformity, with key features enabling the following benefits:
- High-density, low-energy plasma enables high productivity without substrate etching or damage
- Advanced RF technology facilitates unique deposition control
- Pulsed DC bias provides accurate energy, depth, and dose control with wide process window
- Variable duty factor enhances process flexibility
- Closed-loop faraday minimizes mass production risks with in-situ dose control
VIISta PLAD™ technology is installed on the VIISta platform common to other Varian implant systems. This commonality helps to shorten the time to first silicon and facilitate productivity across all applications.