2012 Sales: $8.7B R&D: $1.2B Patents: 382
- Received customer awards from Intel and Trina Solar
- Launched Varian VIISta Trident ion implant system for manufacturing advanced 20nm transistor structures [Applied’s first implant release since 2004]
- Solved critical Interconnect challenge with breakthrough Endura Amber PVD flowable copper technology
- Applied Materials Named Gary Dickerson as President
- Advanced the state-of-the-art in etch technology with the Centura Avatar dielectric etch system for creating three-dimensional (3D) memory structures
- Introduced advanced metal oxide and LTPS technologies for manufacturing ultra-high density LCD and OLED displays
- The Applied Materials Food Drive generated $1.2M for 38 food banks across the country and the World Food Programme – a new record.
- Applied Materials named by Ethisphere, the leading business ethics think-tank, to its list of the 2012 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
- N.R. Narayana Murthy, Infosys Founder, named Recipient of The James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award
- Applied Materials announced the grand prize winning teams and finalists in the first-ever Clean Tech Competition student challenge that honors high school students for developing innovative solutions to critical global issues.
- Named Ali Salehpour General Manager for Energy and Environmental Solutions and Display business units
- Named Tom Larkins Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Launched India’s first semiconductor technology and manufacturing certification course with IIT-Bombay
- Signed service agreement with GLOBALFOUNDRIES for Fab 1 in Dresden, Germany
- Silicon Systems Group GM Randhir Thakur inducted into VLSI’s Hall of Fame