|R and D:||$1.2B|
- Received customer awards from Intel and Trina Solar
- Launched Varian VIISta Trident ion implant system for manufacturing advanced 20nm transistor structures [Applied’s first implant release since 2004]
- Solves critical Interconnect challenge with breakthrough Endura Amber PVD flowable copper technology
- Applied Materials Names Gary Dickerson as President
- Advanced the state of the art in etch technology with the Centura Avatar dielectric etch system for creating three-dimensional (3D) memory structures
- Introduced advanced metal oxide and LTPS technologies for manufacturing ultra-high density LCD and OLED displays
- The Applied Materials Food Drive generated $1.2M for 38 food banks across the country and the World Food Programme – a new record.
- Applied Materials named by Ethisphere, the leading business ethics think-tank, to its list of the 2012 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
- N.R. Narayana Murthy, Infosys Founder, named Recipient of The James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award
- Applied Materials announced the grand prize winning teams and finalists in the first-ever Clean Tech Competition student challenge that honors high school students for developing innovative solutions to critical global issues.
|R and D:||$1.1B|
- Set Industry record by shipping its 2,000th wire saw for solar wafer manufacturing
- Introduces advanced LTPS technology for manufacturing high-performance mobile displays
- Unveils breakthrough Centura Conforma plasma doping technology for building 3D transistors
- Expands the limits of darkfield wafer inspection with DFinder deep ultraviolet laser inspection technology
- Introduces innovative dual-lane AKT Aristo Twin PVD system for advanced touch panels
- Launched breakthrough Vantage Vulcan backside annealing technology for the 20nm Era
- Pushed the boundaries of the transistor with integrated atomic layer deposition technology
- Increased chip interconnect speed with high-performance Black Diamond 3 low-k Technology
- Announced breakthrough Baccini Pegaso cell processing system to drive the next wave of solar manufacturing
- Cleared critical roadblock to EUV lithography with new Centura Tetra EUV photomask etch system
- Announced Producer Onyx atomic-level film treatment to reduce chip power consumption
- Launched first fully-autonomous defect review SEM, the SEMVision G5 for leading-edge chip production
- Xi'an Solar Research Center cited by President Obama in his State of the Union Address as the world's largest private solar technology research facility.(The White House - Jan. 2011)
- Acquired Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates
- Launched venture investment initiative in China
- Together with IIT Bombay, launched a state-of-the-art laboratory to develop new materials for advanced solar cells and electronics devices and celebrated a five-year collaboration with the University
- Signed a research collaboration agreement with the Institute of Microelectronics under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research, to set up a Center of Excellence in Advanced Packaging in Singapore
- Appointed Om Nalamasu as Chief Technology Officer
- Received customer awards from Trina Solar, Intel, Texas Instruments
- Received media recognition for being one of the top greenest companies by NEWSWEEK Magazine; one of the most admired companies by FORTUNE Magazine; one of the most innovative companies in the world by Technology Review; one of the 100 best corporate citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine; and one of the 100 best places to work in IT by ComputerWorld
- Raised more than $1 million for the 3rd year in a row to provide more than 2 million meals to local communities in annual employee food drive
- Partnered with E+Co and SELCO at the Clinton Global Initiative to announce a commitment to electrifying villages and schools and training social entrepreneurs in rural India
- Signed a memorandum of understanding with Peking University, the U.S. DOE and the China National Energy Administration to bring the Solar Decathlon competition to China, which challenges students to design and build a self-sufficient house powered by the sun
- Launched the inaugural Clean Tech Competition youth design contest in the San Francisco Bay Area, USA and Xi’an, China, which was developed in partnership with the National Science Teachers Association and the Chinese Association of Children’s Science Teachers
- Together with the National Taiwan Science Education Center (NTSEC), introduced a new semiconductor exhibit titled “Amazing Semiconductors” in Taipei, Taiwan
|R and D:||$1.1B|
- Deemed Top Supplier of PV Manufacturing Equipment for 2009 and Top Chip Equipment Supplier for 2009 by VLSI Research
- Expanded display and solar equipment manufacturing capability in Taiwan with a 15,000 square meter facility
- Opened global hub in Singapore for manufacturing semiconductor equipment
- Introduced Applied SmartFactory MES software, advanced automation for solar, LED and chip packaging factories
- Awarded $2 million grant from U.S. Department of Energy to make more affordable electrochromic glass and windows that can control the amount of light and heat that passes through
- Named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT by Computerworld for the second year in a row
- Awarded $4.3 million by U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) to develop low-cost, ultra-high energy, lithium ion batteries using an innovative manufacturing process
- Honored as one of the world's 50 most innovative companies in The Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Technology Review for "Saving solar costs with large-scale manufacturing"
- Launched the Applied Endura Avenir system-enabled chipmakers to incorporate the latest metal gate transistor technology, one of the biggest changes in transistor design since the 1970s, in their most advanced high-performance logic devices
- Launched the Applied Producer Avila system and became the first equipment supplier to offer comprehensive TSV solutions for speeding the development and time to market of 3D-ICs
- Received a California League of Conservation Voters Environmental Leadership Award
- Acquired Semitool, Inc. successfully extending our presence in the fast-growing wafer level packaging market.
- Introduced 12 Silicon System Group (SSG) products; increased year-over-year SSG operating profit by more than 800 percent.
- Invested more than $1.1 billion in research and development to position the company for future market inflections.
- Secured 442 U.S. patents -- cited among California's top firms granted the most patents.(Wall Street Journal)
- Included on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens List"
- Received Acterra's 2010 Environmental Business Award
- Ranked No. 4 in industry on World's Most Admired Companies 2010
- Committed $300,000 to Teach for All/Teach First Deutschland to enhance K-12 education
- Raised $1,000,807 to support 28 food banks across North America during the company's 2009 North America Food Drive